Aloo Mutter, Alu Matar Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30413 times
This is one dish that needs no introduction! an evergreen favourite among Indians of all age groups and ethnicities.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the onions and sauté till they are translucent.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste and tomatoes and sauté till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, green peas and potatoes and cook for some time.
- Add 1½ cups of water and salt and allow it to come to boil.
- Mash 2 to 3 potato cubes in the pan to thicken the gravy. Simmer till the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||241.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||22.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||22.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.