Aloo Methi Tofu Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57023 times
Aloo and methi are made-for-each-other, irrespective of the form in which they are cooked. With tofu, they become even more enticing! Although fenugreek makes an ideal combination, you can also replace it with other greens like palak for a change. I have not cooked the stuffing in this recipe; however if you want you can sauté the vegetables in oil and then add the rest of the ingredients. However, take care not to add the dry mango powder while sautéing the ingredients; add it at the last to retain its flavour.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out one portion of dough into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle using a little flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre and fold the edges of the dough over the stuffing.
- Pinch the edges together to seal the stuffing and remove the excess dough.
- Flatten the dough and roll out again into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle.
- Cook the paratha on a tava (griddle) over a medium flame using soya oil till both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.