Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45548 times
A judicious blend of spices, flavours and taste, aloo matter or aloo with peas is a simple and yet delicious vegetable recipe. With potatoes diced and cooked in a spicy rich tomato gravy along with green peas, aloo matar is simply irrestible and yet so simple to prepare. Find other mouthwatering aloo recipe, vegetable recipe, matar recipe at tarla dalal. Com
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add the onions, cinnamon and ginger and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin seeds powder, chilli and pepper powder and saute on a slow flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes and green chillies, mix well and cook until the spices are blended completely.
- Add the tomato puree and salt, mix well and add enough water and bring to boil.
- Cover and cook on a medium flame for about 10-12 minutes till the potatoes are half cooked.
- Add the peas, cover and cook again till the potatoes are tender.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by shitalparande on 11 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.