Aloo Hara Masala
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35984 times
Mughlai food is known to be very time consuming to prepare as it uses lots of pastes that need to be ground separately. Here is a starter that is prepared by first making a bright green fresh and minty paste and then combined with curds and other ingredients to make a marinade. Make sure you marinate the potatoes for at least 1 hour before grilling so that they absorb all the nuances of flavour. This preparation is worth all the extra effort required.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the oil, in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste.
- Heat the mustard oil in a kadhai, add the prepared paste and sauté for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl, add the prepared masala paste and mix well.
- Add the potatoes, capsicum and tomatoes and allow them to marinate for 1 hour.
- Thread the potatoes, capsicum and tomatoes alternatively on wooden or metal skewers.
- Grill over a charcoal or electric barbeque till the vegetables are lightly and evenly browned on all sides (approx. 3 to 4 minutes) using oil for brushing.
- Serve hot garnished with onion rings.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||447.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||41.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||16 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.