Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5819 times
Aloo dumwaale is an authentic way of preparing boiled aloo or potatoes in a creamy and rich gravy under dum or pressure. The dumwale aloo makes for a party special vegetable dish and is sure to be appreciated by all, when served with naans or roomali rotis.
- Peel, wash potatoes. wipe dry with a cloth. heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep fry till lightly browned. drain onto an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Peel, wash and roughly chop onions. boil with one tablespoon water, two black cardamom seeds for two to three minutes. grind into a fine paste.
- Peel, wash and grind ginger and garlic to a fine paste. soak cashewnuts in two tablespoons of water for fifteen minutes. grind to a fine paste.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan. add boiled onion paste.
- Cook till fat starts to separate.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Stir for some time. add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cashewnut paste and yogurt. mix well.
- Add deep-fried potatoes. add approximately two and a half cups of water and let it simmer for some time.
- Finish with kasoori methi, fresh cream and salt. serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.