Aloo Coconut Rice
by Foodie #537516
This recipe has been viewed 5135 times
A delicious and nice way to miss out routine dal-chawal...a variety with coconut and aloo combination.
- Soak the basmati rice in enough water for 15 minutes and drain the water.
- Blend the coconut pieces in a mixer into smooth paste, adding water and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Strain and preserve the coconut milk.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cinnamon and cloves powder, green chillies, potatoes and ginger-garlic paste and saute till the potato turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the drained rice and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add enough water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Serve hot with tomato rai-methi chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #537516 on 02 Sep 2011Hi,
Im Mrs.Vidya Bhaskar ,currently living in Cayman Islands hailing from India..Im interested to...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.