Aloo Chaat ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 300 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 344003 times
What a delightful experience it is to watch the baby potato turn into something so exciting! Tiny potatoes, marinated in Indian spices and sautéed in oil, are topped with moong, sev and other typical chaat add-ons.
Although Aloo Chaat is not an integral part of all chaat counters, it has a fan-following of its own, especially in the winter, when its spiciness and warmth rejuvenate the soul.
Planning a chaat party? Exciting recipes of Chaat / Bhel and more on www.tarladalal.com
- Combine 2 tbsp oil, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, turmeric powder, dry mango powder, besan, salt and coriander in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the potato halves, mix well and keep aside to marinade for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan, add the prepared marinated potatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Place ½ the marinated potatoes in a plate and top with ¼ cup whisked curds, 1 tsp garlic chutney, 2 tsp green chutney, 1 tbsp sweet chutney.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cumin seeds powder and chilli powder, 2 tbsp moong sprouts, 2 tsp masala chana dal and 2 tbsp sev.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 1 more plate.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per plate
|Energy|| 465 kcal|
|Protein|| 7.5 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 32.6 gm|
|Fat|| 32.7 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.