Aloo Bukhare (plum) ki Chutney
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19234 times
An innovative chutney recipe, aloo bukhare or plum ki chutney with chopped plum or aloo bukhara blended with sugar, salt, and other spices is an amazing accompaniment to meals or snacks.
- Wash, peel, remove stones and cut plums roughly. make a puree.
- Wash and de-stone dates. chop roughly.
- Roast cumin seeds and powder them. grate jaggery.
- Heat a thick-bottomed pan and pour plum puree in it.
- When it comes to a boil add salt, jaggery, rock salt, red chilli powder and stir well.
- Simmer on medium heat for ten minutes or till it thickens and add cumin powder. stir and let it simmer further for two to three minutes.
- Mix in dates and cook for two more minutes stirring continuously. remove from heat, cool thoroughly and store in a sterilized, airtight glass jar.
This recipe was contributed by preekar on 08 Oct 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.