Aloo Basket Chat
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16582 times
Aloo basket chat is an innovative chat recipe with a crispy fried basket made from boiled and mashed potatoes or aloo. The aloo basket is filled with a sweet and tangy mix and served with any chutney of choice.
Add your private note
Aloo Basket Chat recipe - How to make Aloo Basket Chat
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Soak the grated potatoes in cold water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and wash in running water for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain and wipe dry using a dry absorbent cloth.
- Divide the grated potatoes into 10 equal portions.
- Place each portion of the grated potatoes on a 37 mm. (1½") diameter metal tea strainer and top with a second strainer.
- Hold firmly and deep fry in oil on a medium flame till the basket is golden brown. remove the strainer from the oil, invert it and tap lightly to unmould the basket.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 9 more baskets. store in an air-tight container.
- Heat the butter and add the pepper powder, chilli powder, ginger powder and sugar and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the bean sprouts, capsicum, amchur, cumin seed powder, coriander and salt and cook for about a minute. keep aside.
- Put 3 to 4 tablespoons of the filling into each potato basket.
- Top with a spoonful of the green chutney.
- Arrange on a serving plate and serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.