Aloo Baingan Subzi
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 191195 times
Both brinjal and potato are common veggies available in our local markets all round the year. This simple subzi brings these two ingredients together with daily masalas.
The Aloo Baingan Subzi has a homely yet appetising flavour, which combines the tang of tomatoes with the peppy taste of ginger and green chillies.
Despite being so easy to make, this everyday subzi is simply too delicious when served hot with fluffy phulkas and a cup of soothing raita.
This dish is very easy to understand and you can comfortably vary the spice levels according to your taste, to make a subzi that everyone in your family with enjoy thoroughly!
Add your private note
Aloo Baingan Subzi recipe - How to make Aloo Baingan Subzi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 servings
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- Once the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add the garlic paste, ginger paste and green chilli paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and 1 tbsp water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 -2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potato cubes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the brinjal cubes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- 8. Add 1 ½ cups of water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 20 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- 9. Garnish with coriander.
- 10. Serve hot with phulka rotis and a side of raita.
This recipe was contributed by manju_bijoy on 09 Oct 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.