Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7193 times
A punjabi cuisine specialty aloo bahar or potato and capsicum vegetable preparation in true north indian style is irrestible! try this spicy and tasty potato or aloo recipe to entice your family and guests.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger paste and garlic paste and saute til they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder, cumin seeds powder and salt, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a cup of water, potato, green peas, tomato paste, milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the kasuri methi ,amchur and tomato paste and simmer till gravy thickens and oil seperates and floats on top.
- Serve with naan or roti.
This recipe was contributed by friendicoe on 11 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.