Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22341 times
You can add cashew paste (cashew soaked in milk and ground to paste)so as to make it creamier and richer
- Peel and cut the potato into long pieces. Keep aside.
- Combine the besan, salt, ginger-garlic paste, carom seeds, little water and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp of oil, mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Add the potato pieces, mix well and keep aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the potaotes till golden brown and crisp. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add onions and saute till brown.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, annardana powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Add the potatoes and toss well and simmer for another 5- 6 minutes.
- Garnish with corainder and serve hot with paratha.
This recipe was contributed by suwarna1880 on 11 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.