Almond Vegetable Stir- Fry, Diabetic Friendly Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37136 times
Hmm, almonds? Am i kidding? no, despite belonging to the nut family and having its share of quirks, almonds have their share of health benefits – they lower blood cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Note that I've used toasted almonds and not fried them, so as to keep a check on the calorie count. Plus, the vegetables contribute abundant nutrients to this dish – making it absolutely fine to have as an occasional treat!
You can also try other stir fries like Spicy Stir Fried Baby Corn or Broccoli, Mushrooms and Bean Sprouts Stir Fry .
- Heat the oil in a wok on a high flame, add the red chilli pieces and stir till it turns black. Remove and discard the chilli pieces.
- Add the ginger and garlic in the same oil and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the carrots, green capsicum, sweet corn kernels, bean sprouts, spring onion whites and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, paneer, chinese cabbage and spring onion greens and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the cornflour mixture and heat till the mixture thickens.
- Add the almond slices, mix gently and serve immediately on a bed of cooked whole wheat noodles.
- 1 packet raw noodles makes 3 cups cooked noodles
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Energy|| 266 calories|
|Protein|| 14.9 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 35.3 gm|
|Fat|| 7.4 gm|
|Vitamin C|| 24.8 mg|
|Iron|| 1.9 mg|
|Fibre|| 2.6 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.