Almond Strawberry Tart Fantasy
by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 3199 times
Today's kids have put hteir moms on their heels.Each mom has to think a lot how make kids eat everything.One such thing is Chikkis-some kids like them very much while some don't even come near it,so for such keds here is a better option.Try out!
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and put jaggery and heat till jaggerry caramelises and forms a ball when put in a bowl of water.
- Then immediately add the roasted and coarsely powdered almonds and mix well and off the flame.
- Take the greased tart moulds and put 1 tbsp of the above mixture with a spoon.
- Grease the back of the spoon with ghee and with this 'back of the spoon' pull the chikki mixture on towards the wall of the mould to get the correct shape of the mould.
- Repeat for making more such moulds.
- Cool for some time
- Now take the hung curd in a bowl and add the strawberry crush,chopped strawberry and sugar and mix well.
- Unmould the prepared tarts and fill in with the curd mixture and set in fridge for 5 minutes.
- Take out and garnish with a swirl of whipped cream and roasted almond pieces and serve.
- If the mixture gets cool then again reheat it on a slow flame but try to make the tarts faster to avoid more of reheating.
- As reheating a number of times may loose the taste and texture so always make in small quantities.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 16 Jan 2013Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.