Almond Strawberry Shortcakes ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1151 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45789 times
Soft yet crunchy, shortcakes are a delightful treat for people of all ages. The almond strawberry shortcake is a lovely variant of almond pastry sandwiched with strawberries and whipped cream, served with strawberry sauce. If you are serving this at a party, you can use a small cookie cutter to make bite-sized servings.
- Cream the butter and sugar on a flat surface with your palm, until it is light and creamy. (refer to diagram on page 40 )
- Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the flour and almond powder and gradually continue mixing till it forms a soft dough. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion on a dusted rolling board into 100mm. (4”) diameter circle.
- Prick all over the circle gently and bake in a pre-heated oven at 150°c (300°f) for 20 to 25 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour. Keep aside
- Place one shortcake on a clean dry surface, pipe out ¼th of the beaten whipped cream on top and arrange ¼th of the strawberries over it.
- Sandwich with another shortcake and again pipe out ¼th of the beaten whipped cream on top and place another ¼th of the strawberries over it. Finally place one more shortcake over it.
- Dust a little icing sugar on top of the shortcake and garnish with a strawberry fan.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make one more stuffed shortcake.
- Serve immediately with strawberry sauce.
- You can use a 4” cookie cutter to give a perfect round shape to the shortcake.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.