Almond Jelly with Fruit Cocktail ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33896 times
Almond jelly with fruit cocktail, fruits and fruit based desserts are popular in china and almond based puddings and jellies are usually savored with fresh fruit. This recipe is classic vietnamese. Little cups of almond flavored jellies are served topped with fresh fruit-which ever is in season. We’ve paired it with fresh lychees, orange, pineapples and strawberries. You can get creative and use other juicy fruits like kiwi, berries etc. And use interesting jelly moulds to yield jelly of different shapes. Refreshing and delicious!
- Combine the strawberries, pineapple, lychees and orange segments in a bowl and refrigerate to chill.
- Combine the china grass with 1 cup of cold water in a pan and simmer till it dissolves completely. Strain the mixture and keep aside.
- Combine the milk and sugar in a pan and bring to boil.
- Add the china grass mixture and boil for another 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Add the cream, vanilla essence, almond essence and almonds and mix well.
- Pour equal quantities into 4 individual moulds and refrigerate for 30 minutes or till it sets.
- Just before serving, divide the fruits into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Un-mould the jelly onto 4 individual plates and top it with a portion of the fruits. Serve chilled.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||226.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.