Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5763 times
Paal appam is a traditional south indian appam recipe which is typically served with paal(or coconut milk). The appams are made from rice and lentil based batter which is spread on tawa and cooked covered for few minutes. The appams may be served with coconut milk or any curry of choice.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the black gram, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies and saute for 20 seconds.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by jolu on 11 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.