Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11075 times
Akki roti is basically an indian flat bread recipe made from a rice flour based dough. These thin and soft akki rotis are typically paired with curries or lentil dishes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and add a little water to knead a soft dough.
- Grease a thin large plastic sheet with a little oil and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and place a portion at the center of the sheet and after greasing your palms and fingers with oil, press the dough to form a thin circle,the size of a puri.
- Grease a tava with some oil and gently with your fingers ease the roti from the plastic sheet onto the tava.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown spots appear on both the sides of the roti.
- Repeat the procedure to make 19 more rotis.
- Serve hot with idli podi or chutney of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by draarthi on 11 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.