Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1050 times
Akkaravadisal should be in semi-solid state. if, at the end of preparation, the dish is solid, then add little milk to make it little loose.
Add your private note
Akkaravadisal recipe - How to make Akkaravadisal
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Rice : 1/4 cup
Moong dal(Green Gram): 1/2 cup
Milk : 2 cup
Jaggery: 1/2 cup
Cashew: to taste
Cardamom - 5-6
Dry grapes - to taste
- 1. put rice, moong dal, milk, water in cooker.
- 2. leave it to be cooked in the cooker for more time than the usual time for
- Making ordinary rice (may be 4 whistles).
- 3. powder the jaggery.
- 4. mix the powdered jaggery with water, heat it & stir it continuously when
- Heating. do this until it turns into syrup-like state. filter the jaggery syrup (this is done because usually jaggery contains unwanted particles that would've settled down in the syrup) .
- 5. mix this (filtered) jaggery syrup with the cooked rice mixture.
- 6. fry cashew nut & dry grapes, & add it to the rice + jaggery mixture.
- 7. add cardamom + saffron to the mixture.
- 8. serve hot!
This recipe was contributed by sankruti on 11 Nov 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.