Akhroti Mohan Thal
by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 6332 times
This sweet dish usually served on special occasion like marriages,betrothal,festival days etc.
Add your private note
Akhroti Mohan Thal recipe - How to make Akhroti Mohan Thal
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 15 to 17 pieces
- Combine the chana dal powder, 2 tsp ghee and 2 tsp milk in a bowl and seive this mixture. Keep aside.
- In a deep pan, add the sugar and enough water so as to sink the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame to make 2 string consistency syrup and keep aside.
- In another pan, put the remaining ghee and put the seived powder and mix well.
- Add mava and fry till golden brown in colour.
- Add saffron, cardamom powder, mix well and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add sugar syrup prepared while stirring continuously.
- Cook till the mixture leaves the vessel and lastly add walnuts,mix well and put on a greased plate.
- Put the silver foil and cut to pieces and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 14 May 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.