Ahmedabadi Pizza ( Street Side)
by Swapnil Thakkar
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3139 times
Age old very very famous ahmedabadi street side pizza made of very crispy pizza base and sweet-tangy sauce, with a lots of grated cheese on top... Everyone must try it once in their life.
Add your private note
Ahmedabadi Pizza ( Street Side) recipe - How to make Ahmedabadi Pizza ( Street Side)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 to 3 servings
- Grind 2 tomatoes, 1 small onion, 1 green chilly, 1 clove of garlic in mixer to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter/oil in pan and add the paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add 3-4 tablespoon tomato ketchup, salt, pepper and a teaspoon of sugar and mix well. Keep aside.
- Take a readymade pizza base and roast it well on both side on a tawa, while its roasting give occasional pressure by a pavbhaji masher or simply by taking a thick napkin and make a round ball of napkin and use it to apply pressure.
- This way our pizza base will become crispy.
- Prepare the desired numbers of pizza bases like this.
- In a separate pan, take little oil and saute the onions and capsicum just for about 1 min, we dont want to cook it more, add just a pinch of salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Apply good amount of sauce on the pizza base, we need little thick layer of sauce, add the sauteed vegetables and top with cheese.
- Now keep this pizza in a preheated oven at 200 c and bake it for not more than 5 min (optionally u may keep ur pizza on a metal stand and keep it in pressure cooker on medium flame, and let it heat for 5 min, without putting the whistle, it works as hot oven)
- Take it out, cut it into pieces and add a lot of grated regular cheese.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Swapnil Thakkar on 11 Dec 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.