Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8146 times
A favorite sweet recipe in tamil households during festivals like diwali is adhirasam. A rice flour based fried adhirasam is soaked in sugar syrup and then enjoyed with cardamom powder sprinkled over the top.
- Soak the raw rice for about 6-7 hours. Wash, drain the water and spread the rice on a dry cloth for few minutes to make sure that the rice is dry.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth powder.
- Sieve and keep aside.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the grated jaggery and heat on low flame till it becomes thick syrup.
- Keep warm.
- Roast the sesame seeds in a dry pan.
- Add the rice flour and roasted sesame seeds to the jaggery slowly and mix well.
- Remove from flame and make sure that no lumps are formed.
- When slightly cool make big lime size balls of it.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a thick bottom pan.
- Pat each ball into a thin, round and flat disc of 2" radius on a banana leaf or a plastic sheet.
- Fry each one in oil on low flame till deep brown.
- Put them in jaggery syrup and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by deeparah on 28 Sep 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.