Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1616 times
You can add finely chopped onions and make onion adai.
also you can add finely chopped cabbage,grated carrots to the batter and make veg adai.
keep the left over batter in the fridge after you make adai .
Rice raw/boiled- 300gms(3 cups)
channa dal - 100gms(1 cup)
turdal - 100gms(1 cup)
udithdal - 100gms(1 cup)
moongdal - 100gms(1 cup)optional
greenchillies - 7 to 8
red chillies - 4
curry leaves - 1 cup
asafotedia - 1 tsp
salt - as per requirement
oil - half tsp for each adai
- Soak rice and all dals togather for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours drain the water and grind with all other ingredients by adding water.
- The batter should be coarse and the cosistency in between idli and dosa batter.
- No need to keep the batter for fermentation.
- You can make adai immediately after you grind .
- Take a tawa and grease it with little oil and then heat it in medium flame.
- When tawa becomes hot put a laddle full of batter and spread like dosa.
- Spread half tsp oil over it.
- After it cooks turn it and again cook till both sides are light brown in colour.
- Serve hot with a dollop of butter on top.
- You can also serve with avial(mixed vegetables in coconut gravy)/any pickles/jaggery.
- Note:if you are using boiled rice soak rice and dal separately.
- Also grind rice separately with chillies &curry leaves & dal separately in to a coarse batter.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#405893 on 31 Mar 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.