Adai By Kamalacute
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2445 times
Adai is a dosa recipe from the tamilian belt of india and is made from a batter comprising of rice flour, urad dal flour and gram flour. Add chopped vegetables or spices of choice to create your own adai recipe which can be enjoyed with any curry or coconut chutney.
- Clean, wash and soak the black gram dal, toovar dal, chana dal, rice and red chillies in 2 cups of water for two hours and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Add the salt, grated coconut, onions, coriander and asafoetida and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava and grease it with little oil and sprinkle some water.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly to make a thin pancake.
- Make a hole in the centre and cook using a teaspoon of oil in the centre and around the edges, till golden brown in colour.
- Turn the other side and fry till brown.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by kamalacute on 14 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.