Adai By Foodie #22401
by Foodie #22401
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3293 times
As adai contains both dal and rice it has both carbohydrates and proteins along with the vegetable of your choice as also fat in the oil we use. As such it forms a wholesome meal for both children and adults.
- Soak the black gram dal, toovar dal, chana dal, rice and red chillies in 2 cups of water for two hours and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Add the salt, grated coconut, onions, coriander and asafoetida and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tawa and grease with little oil and sprinkle some water.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly like a pancake (dosa), as thin as possible.
- Make a hole in the centre and cook using a teaspoon of oil in the centre and around the edges, till golden brown in colour.
- Turn the other side and fry till brown.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #22401 on 11 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.