Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4688 times
Ada (dosas) is a traditional dosa recipe prepared from a batter comprising of rice flour. The adai is spread on a non stick pan with hot oil and then enjoyed crispy hot with coconut chutney as snack or breakfast.
- Wash and soak all the dals for 8 to 10 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer till coarse and keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Heat the 2 tsp oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- Add the curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
- Heat a non-stick tava and spread a ladleful of batter to make a thin dosa.
- Cook, using little oil, till golden brown from both the sides.
- Make more such adas with remaining batter.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by kundhu on 11 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.