Achari Paneer Pulao Or How To Make Achari Cottage Cheese Rice Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 241 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 95706 times
Paneer, marinated with achari spices like fennel and nigella is tossed together with rice, which is cooked to perfection with typical spices like cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and caraway. This gives the feeling of having a nice pulao with a mild pickle, but it comes in a single package, making it convenient to serve or pack. All you need is a bowl of raita and perhaps a papad to complete this flavourful meal of Achari Paneer Pulao.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, nigella seeds and fennel seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and switch off the flame.
- Add the curds and mix well.
- Add the green chilli pickle and salt and mix well.
- Add the paneer cubes, mix gently and keep aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cinnamon, cloves, caraway seeds and cardamom.
- When the caraway seeds crackle, add the rice and salt, mix well and cook on medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the marinated paneer, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Achari Paneer Pulao Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||272.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||11 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.