Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6459 times
An Andhra style pickle recipe using raw mangoes , avakai is great for the taste buds and imparts a spicy tangy touch to every meal. The unripe mangoes are mixed with select spice powders, gingelly oil and powdered kabuli chana lovely accompaniment to any meal or starter, avakai is a favorite among all pickle lovers.
Add your private note
Aavakai Pickle recipe - How to make Aavakai Pickle
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Cut the mangoes into small pieces( not tiny and not huge)
- Put all the powdered ingredients evenly on the pieces of mango , plus the whole methi seeds and kabuli channa and salt.
- Stir well so that all the pieces have a uniform coating of the masala
- This can be bottled up.
- Now add the gingelly oil so that oil stands above the mango pices for atleast a height of an inch.
- Shake well and keep it in a cool dry place.
- After a day we can consume it but pickle''s taste improves by the day.
This recipe was contributed by mani36 on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.