Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12370 times
A tasty bread substitute made of rice batter in coconut water is a famous south indian breakfast.
- Wash the rice and soak separately.
- Soak the urad dal and poha separately.
- Grind the rice first. then add urad dal and poha to the rice.
- Add the shredded coconut finally.
- You may substitute coconut water for normal water while making the batter.
- Ensure that the batter is more or less smooth.
- Add salt for taste and keep the batter out to turn sour.
- Add sugar (as per taste) to the batter.
- Put a thick based kadai on the stove.
- Rub the kadai with a little gingely oil
- Now pour a ladle of the batter in the centre of the kadai and turn the kadai around to spread the batter.
- Close the kadai and keep the flame low.
- After about 2 minutes remove the aapam from the kadai.
- Serve hot with sambhar and chutney or stew.
This recipe was contributed by Sudha34 on 03 Nov 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.