Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16317 times
This aaloo kofta filled with butter, raisins and cashewnut is a delicious recipe for every occasion. It can be served with paratha or steamed rice.
- Mash the potatoes in a bowl, add the cornflour, cumin powder, coriander seeds powder, kashmiri chilli powder, salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture int0 10 equal portions and shape them into small balls.
- Fill little butter, one raisin, one or two pieces of cashewnut inside each ball.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the balls until golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the cardamon, cinnamon, clove, ginger paste, grated tomato, cashewnut paste, saute for 1 min.
- Add the powdered cumin seeds, coriander seeds powder, chilli powder, kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, sugar and saute till the oil separates.
- Add 2 cups water and mix well nad simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the koftas and bring to boil.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Arati Guha on 29 Aug 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.