5 Portion Magic Cake
by Jayasree Srinivasan
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2553 times
Learnt this from my mom, she learnt it from her aunt. All time Favorite at home, my children love it.
- Place a kadhi on the stove and add sooji to it.
- Roast the sooji till it gives a nice roasted aroma or turns light brown.
- Keep aside the roasted sooji and allow it to cool.
- Preferably the sooji should be a fine one or else you may dry grind the roasted sooji to have a fine powder.
- Place a deep tawa or a kadhi, let the stove be on low flame and add milk, ghee, sugar, crushed badam cashews and the roasted sooji, keep stirring the content.
- Add the cardamom powder and the saffron soaked milk and keep stirring.
- Keep stirring and do not allow the lumps to appear.
- Take a plate and grease it with ghee.
- Keep stirring till the content leaves the kadai and get rolled like a ball without sticking to the kadai.
- Pour the content to the greased plate. Allow for about 5-10 minute to settle, or put it in fridge to cool.
- Cut into small pieces and take out the pieces after the content cools down.
This recipe was contributed by Jayasree Srinivasan on 16 Oct 2014Live in Chennai. Cooking is my passion.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.