3 Dal Khichadi
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 67797 times
3 dal khichdi is a rice preparation with three lentils or dals mixed with rice and spices. The 3 dal khichdi imparts an unique taste and consistency as compared to the traditional rice-dal khichdi.
- Clean, wash and soak the dals and rice separately for at leat 1/2hr.
- Combine the coriander, ginger and garlic and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadhai, add the onions and saute till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and green chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add the garam masala and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add little warm water and chola dal and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the moong dal and cook for 10 mins.
- Add the masoor dal and rice and add some more water such that it covers the rice well.
- Add potato and salt and when the water starts bubbling, lower the flame and simmer till rice and dal are cooked.
- Serve hot with khadi or raita.
This recipe was contributed by gayatrinaik on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.