Urad Dal With Spinach Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 6941 times
Lightly spiced with green chillies and coriander, this unusual mix of urad dal and spinach carries a healthy dose of b-complex vitamins. For a truly fulfilling experience, eat with hot parathas.
Recipe Description for Urad Dal With Spinach ( Nutritious Recipe For Pregnancy)
- Combine the urad dal with approx. 1 cup of water, salt and turmeric powder in a deep non-stick kadhai, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, till the dal is cooked and soft. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the caraway seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, green chillies, chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute , while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared urad dal and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
| 182 cal|| 10.1 gm|| 25.2 gm|| 4.6 gm|| 98.0 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.