Ragda Pattice Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 11559 times
Ragda Pattice,most popular chaat which is a one meal dish loved and enjoyed by all.
Recipe Description for Ragda Pattice
- Soak the safed vatana overnight or for atleast 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain the safed vatana and add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 6 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cooked safed vatana and sauté on a medium for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously using the back of your spoon.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally and keep aside.
- Combine the potatoes, salt, ginger-green chilli paste and cornflour in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a flat round.
- Make a depression in one round, place 1 tsp hari of chutney in the depression and again shape it into a round, thick pattice.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 7 more pattice.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava (griddle) with ½ tsp of oil and cook all the pattice using a little oil till they turn golden brown in colour on both the sides. Keep aside.
- Place 2 prepared pattice on a serving plate and pour ¼th of the prepared ragda over it.
- Pour 1 tbsp meethi chutney, 1 tsp geeli lehsun ki chutney and 2 tsp hari chutney over it.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp onions, 1 tbsp papadi, 2 tbsp sev, ¼ tsp chilli powder and 2 tbsp coriander over it
- Serve immediately.
SIGN IN TO Tarladalal.com
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.