Panchkuti Dal Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 11045 times
This appealing combination of five dals and a blend of indian spices is low in sodium and provides adequate protein, calcium and folic acid.
Recipe Description for Panchkuti Dal ( Dals )
- Wash all the dals and soak in enough water for 1 hour. Drain.
- Combine the soaked dals with 1/2 cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, dry kashmiri chilli and curry leaves, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garam masala, coriander and green chillies, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the prepared cooked dal, salt and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.