Mini Green Theplas Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 10561 times
A completely nourishing breakfast that will keep you active through the day -- these mini theplas are a great alternative if you want a change from the regular oats porridge. Fortified with millet, ragi and soya flour, they are fibre-rich and extremely enjoyable.
Recipe Description for Mini Green Theplas ( Fibre Rich Recipe )
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes, or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the paneer, coriander and salt, mix well and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Divide the stuffing into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out a portion into a 100 mm. (4”)diameter thick circle, using a little jowar flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 9 more mini theplas.
- Spread a portion of the topping evenly over each mini thepla and serve immediately.
- To make 1 cup of oats flour, blend 1 1/2 cups of quick rolled oats in a mixer to a fine powder.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.