Green Peas Pancakes Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 27143 times
This ideal snack which boasts of a high folic acid and fibre content is a non-traditional way of making the famous south indian uttapa. Try it. . .
Recipe Description for Green Peas Pancakes
- Grind the green peas in a blender to a coarse paste, using very little water.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, add the rice flour, besan, turmeric powder, green chillies, salt and 1¼ cup water and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Just before making the pancakes, add the fruit salt and mix gently.
- Heat a tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil.
- Pour a small spoonful of the batter on the tava and spread it to make a 50mm (2”) diameter circle.
- Sprinkle a little paneer, carrots and tomatoes over it and smear a little oil along the edges of the pancake.
- When cooked on one side, turn it over and cook on the other side for a few seconds.
- Repeat for the remaining batter and topping to make more mini pancakes.
- Serve hot.
- You can make 6 to 7 pancakes at a time.
Nutrient values per pancake
|Energy||Protein||CHO||Fat||Vitamin A||Fibre||Folic Acid|
| 25 kcal|| 1.3 gm|| 4.0 gm|| 0.2 gm|| 77.8 mcg|| 0.2 gm|| 3.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.