Viewed 2392 times
Also Known as
Water is essential for the survival of all known forms of life. Water is very important for life. We need water to drink, to wash our hands, to cook, to water plants and many other things.
How to Select
Keep in mind that you must consider your family members' needs and habits. You will have to decide the actual amount of water you store. You can choose the source of water - either tap water or placing some Aqua guard or buying the filtered containers from the market. As per the needs and preference, it can be chosen.
· Water is required for all the basic cooking method - be it steaming, boiling, baking etc.
· To clean the fruits and vegetables before consumption, water is a must.
· It is the base for all kinds of hot and cold beverages - tea, coffee, sherbets etc.
· Without water it is difficult to cook food as it is the medium in which food can be cooked.
How to Store
Water storage is important, since clean, fresh water is essential to human and other land-based life. Always look out for any kind of impurities. Keep it in a good container. Wash the container regularly and also change the water on a regular basis. Boiling is a good way to purify water.
Bring the water to a rolling boil for 1 to 3minutes. After the water has cooled, fill it in the clean containers.
· You are naturally thirsty i.e. "dehydrated" in the morning . . . help your body flush out the toxins it has been processing all night and take advantage of this thirst to get a "leg up" on your daily water requirements by drinking a glass of water first thing.
· Don't wait until you're thirsty to have a drink - you are already dehydrated if you feel thirsty.
· Set a timer to remind yourself to establish a habit of drinking water and keep a bottle of water with you at all times.
· Compensate for diuretics . . . thieves that steal water from your body. If you drink coffee, tea, or sodas with caffeine, you'll need to drink a few extra glasses of water to make up for the water that these diuretic beverages "leech" from your system.
· The Fountain of Youth, Health, and Everything Else that's Good - Water is necessary for your body to digest and absorb vitamins and nutrients. And when it comes to digestion . . . it's just not happening without water. Fiber alone cannot aid proper digestive function by itself. In fact, without water as its partner, good fiber goes bad, causing constipation and extreme discomfort.
· It also detoxifies the liver and kidneys, and carries away waste from the body.
· If you're dehydrated, your blood is literally thicker, and your body has to work much harder to cause it to circulate. As a result, the brain becomes less active, it's hard to concentrate, your body feels fatigued, and you just "poop out."
· Simple water -- when it's pure and free of contaminants -- is truly a "wonder drug."
· Without chemicals, additives, or anything unnatural, a steady dose of 8 glasses of water a day will: Improve Your Energy, Increase Your Mental and Physical Performance, Remove Toxins & Waste Products from your body, Keep Skin Healthy and Glowing, Help You Lose Weight, Reduce Headaches and Dizziness, Allow for proper Digestion, Help to keep you more Alkaline, Drinking Water is Heart-Healthy
· Water is a natural appetite suppressant, so developing a good water drinking habit can be a long-term aid in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body
· Water is especially important for pregnant women and nursing mothers.
· For athletes and work-out fanatics, drinking water reduces cardiovascular stress and improves performance.
· And, since water reduces body temperature, it makes the whole exercise process safer and more effective.
· Water is also an important "healing tool" for people with a history of kidney stones. Since water dissolves calcium in the urine, downing at least 8 glasses daily reduces the risk of stone formation.
· Drinking water is also valuable in preventing urinary tract infections in both men and for women, flushing impurities out of the system.
· Even cold sores that appear on the lips are minimized by drinking water because those eruptions tend to favor dry areas on the body.