Viewed 23776 times
Also Known as
Ketchup, Catchup or Catsup, no matter how you spell it! Highly seasoned with salt, pepper and spices, then boiled into a thick liquid and strained through a sieve creating a smooth, thick sauce. There are so many things that people put ketchup on, from hamburgers and fries to eggs, hash browns, mashed potatoes and so much more.
Ketchup is made from tomatoes and has many health benefits not to mentions great taste The ingredients in a typical modern ketchup are tomato concentrate, spirit vinegar, corn syrup or other sugar, salt, spice and herb extracts (including celery), spice and garlic powder. Allspice, cloves, cinnamon, onion, and other vegetables may be included.
How to Select
Tomato Ketchup is easily available at the grocery under various brand names. Before buying check the manufacturing dates to ensure maximum freshness. Also, verify the contents on the label and the packaging. Always give bottle of Tomato Ketchup a shake before setting it out on the table, just to make sure it is completely mixed.
· When you are preparing a sandwich, add a whole lot of veggies along with onions and tomatoes and top it with some tomato ketchup. Your sandwiches will just taste yummier with the rich tomato taste, and the healthy sandwich will be something you want to eat often.
· Include tomatoes in your breakfast salads, and for a change you can use tomato ketchup as a dressing with a dash of pepper and spices.
· Grab the ketchup and add it to anything from burgers and fries to eggs in the morning.
· Tomato ketchup is just perfect which is not too spicy and not too hot.
· Whatever snacks we prepare, it gives the best taste when the snacks are served with tomato ketchup.
· Ketchup with mayonnaise forms the base of Thousand Island dressing and fry sauce.
· Ketchup is also typically used as a base for barbecue sauce.
How to Store
Tomato ketchup has high acid content (due to tomatoes as well as vinegar) and therefore does not have to be refrigerated after opening. Although, it is safe to store at room temperature but it will taste better if refrigerated. However, check on the expiry date too.
· Get rich benefits using tomato ketchup.
· Helps prevent cancer and other diseases
· Tomato ketchup contains a rich source of lycopene, which is known to be one of the most effective antioxidants in fighting against major diseases like cancer.
· Tomato ketchup has a good content of lycopene, which acts as a powerful source in preventing premature aging and reduces the extent of damage caused to the skin by keeping the skin soft and smooth.
· Improves overall health
· You just cannot afford to miss your favourite tomato ketchup after knowing its numerous health benefits!