Viewed 6332 times
Also Known as
Tamatar ka juice
Nothing tastes better then homemade tomato juice. It is a wonderful alternative to store bought juice, and you'll be surprised at how great it tastes!
Tomato juice can be made in several ways. Below are some of them..
Blanching Before Peeling: One to two at a time put the tomatoes into a 3-quart saucepan of boiling water. Bring quickly back to a boil, and boil only for 10 seconds. Remove at once with a slotted spoon and put into a bowl of cold water.
Cut out the stem with a small knife, cut a 1/2-inch cross in the skin at the bottom end, and strip off the peel. (You may want to save the peels for a tomato sauce, since the peel intensifies the red color as well as improving a little flavor.
Seeding and Juicing
You may cut a peeled tomato in half crosswise and, holding one half, cut side down, gently squeeze out the juice and seeds, poking out the remaining seeds from the interstices with your little finger.
Saucing the Remains
Save all the remains for sauce, except the stems. Freeze the remains if you are not making a sauce right away.
How to select
Tomato juice can be found in health food and grocery stores. Look for fresh tomato juice with pulp in the refrigerated section; store fresh-squeezed juice in the refrigerator for up to three days. Canned and bottled juice or juice in aseptic cartons are usually found on store shelves, and can be stored, unopened, in a cool, dark cupboard for up to three months.
· It tastes great on its own and combined with other juices, flavors and spices use fruit juice as the base for fat-free salad dressing and marinades.
· The best way to get the most flavour out of your tomatoes is to juice them by themselves.
· You can add spices, some pure vanilla extract to your tomato juice to suit your tastes. Pure vanilla extract really helps to smooth the flavor of tomato juice. If you're a vanilla lover, then you will definitely enjoy this little added extra! Of course, you can add any other extract that you like.
· Tomato juice is a healthy, tasty drink that can help rejuvenate your energy. Experiment with different spices and flavors to find your favorite flavor.
· You can also combine tomato juice with apples, but we recommend you do not mix with any other fruits.
· Tomato juice can be mixed with your favorite juice, e.g. Carrot, apple, lemon, lime, cucumber or pumpkin juice.
How to Store
To preserve nutrient quality and taste, store tomato juice in the freezer not more than a week. Though advisable to consume fresh, however left over or extra can be kept in tightly closed containers in the refrigerator. Pour servings and immediately refrigerate the closed container after every use.
· Tomato juice has amazing health benefits, and makes a really tasty drink
· Free radicals in the body can be flushed out with high levels of Lycopene, and the tomato is so amply loaded with this vital anti-oxidant that it actually derives its rich redness from the nutrient.
· Lycopene can be found in tomatoes, and is best in a concentrated form or as fresh juice.
· Tomato extract contains a mix of potent antioxidants including lycopene, beta-carotene, vitamin E and various other phytonutrients.
· It has been associated with lowering blood pressure and boosting immune function.
· Tomato juice is the disease-protective antioxidant.
· Raw tomato juice contains potassium, an essential mineral macronutrient in human nutrition. Low potassium in the body fluids leads to general weakness and malaise.
· Tomato juice is rich in Vitamin C, which is known for its immune enhancing properties.
· Raw tomato juice improves the appetite and digestion.
· Drinking tomato juice mixed with spinach juice will activate liver and help relieve and prevent constipation.
· To decrease hangover severity, the cocktail of tomato juice (100ml), cucumber juice (100ml), spinach juice (10ml) and olive oil (1 tbsp) should be taken before going to sleep.
· Raw tomato juice does not have side effects and is considered to be safe to drink. However, if you have gallbladder diseases tomato juice is should be avoided.