tomato chilli sauce
Viewed 4523 times
Whether you anticipate the thrill of creating a unique dish, or the simple enjoyment of a delicious meal at home - you can capture the excitement cooking with ease with this spicy Tomato Chilli sauce that warms the palate. It is also great as a spicy alternative to ketchup. A simple but delicious dip that is sure to tickle your taste buds. A pungent relish made of tomato and chilli will take your taste buds on exotic trip.
How to Select
Select tomatoes that are round, full and feel heavy for their size, with no bruises or blemishes. Chillies should be crisp and unwrinkled ones. Make sure they are bright and unbroken. Choose garlic heads that are firm to the touch, with no nicks or soft cloves.
Tomato Chilli Sauce Paste is also easily available in the market of various brands. Ensure its freshness by manufacturing date and expiry date.
· This all purpose sauce covers a lot of territory. It can be used as a marinade, basting or seasoning agent for all kinds of vegetable dishes and a barbeque sauce, but also as a dipping sauce and as a base for pizza and sandwiches.
· Both the Tomato and Chilli are GREAT on veggie burgers-really gives them a special lift.
· Spread the inside of a grilled cheese sandwich thinly with Hot Tomato Chutney.
· Stir into pasta or potato salad Meatballs make an easy appetizer for any occasion.
· Toss mixed salad greens with tomato chilli sauce.
· Fold a teaspoon cream cheese and a little chopped green onion into wonton wrappers. Dampen the edges with water and seal. Deep fry until golden brown and serve with Sauce.
How to Store
It is best to refrigerate, whether homemade or purchased. A homemade sauce can last upto a month and if purchased stick to the expiry date stamped on it. Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight and once opened, use as per the expiry date stamped on the label.
· Lycopene is an antioxidant which fights the free radicals and prevents cancer, heart disease and premature aging.
· Tomatoes are also high in vitamin C and contain good amounts of potassium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin A and vitamin B.
· Green chilli is a good source of vitamin A and C
· Being spicy in nature, it must be taken in moderation to avoid gastric irritation.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.