Viewed 15366 times
Tang is a sugary, orange-flavored, non-carbonated soft drink from the USA. Love the fresh taste of cold, orange flavored Tang. Tang is an energy drink formulated by General Foods
Tang is a powdered soft drink; the makers call it a blend of nutrition with convenience, offering families around the globe, a great-tasting beverage. They claim it provides a nutritious and real fruit-flavored drink. Tang was originally marketed as an instant breakfast drink and touted as the drink that was developed for astronauts. And this is the reason why; Tang is fortified with a number of vitamins.
How to Select
It is available in different types of packaging in the Indian market as well. In addition to the original orange flavour, Tang is now being made available in lemon, pineapple and mango flavors. Confirm on the manufacturing as well as the expiry date for maximum freshness.
· This powdered, orange-flavored drink mix is both delicious and potent.
· Tang is excellent as stand-alone refreshment as well as an ingredient in many unique and highly experimental dishes.
· Pour the water in the glass first, otherwise the Tang powder sticks to the bottom of the glass once you add water. There will be Tang clumps! Add some ice, and you are done! It is easy to prepare and does not leave any mess of mixing liquids or syrups.
· Can be prepared easily for individuals as well as for groups.
· Served Tang as refreshment drink - a perfect combo of sweet and tart flavor.
· Give Tang a try if you like to experiment with different beverages
· Here's another way of enjoying it, prepare a Tang drink, a bit stronger than usual, pour it into iced candy molds, and put in the freezer. Your kids can have a real treat. Nothing like it on a hot summer's day. Children love the tangy taste.
How to Store
It has a long shelf life, so you will not really be wasting money. The powder is easy to store and use unlike the syrups. The powder does not require refrigeration unlike carbonated soft drinks. It occupies no space in the refrigerator and very little shelf space. It has a long shelf life, so you will not really be wasting money.
· It has 100% Vitamin C but you should not drink it as a replacement for fresh orange juice, because fresh orange juice has natural vitamins and anti-oxidants that a powdered drink cannot offer.
· Do not recommend this drink if you are diabetic, obviously, because there is so much refined sugar.
· Also, if you give it to kids, give it in moderation. It is a good way to get kids drinking water. Some children to not like plain water hence you can add some Tang, and then gradually lessen the doses as you go.
· Tang is a better beverage than carbonated sodas as there is about the same amount of sugar, but no caffeine and carbonation, which can be harsh to the stomach lining.
· Tang is also recommended for the sick patients as it provides instant energy.
· It is very popular in the Middle East as the scorching heat you need to replace the body fluids lost and a glass of tang does refreshen you a lot.
· Good for most age groups - except the small children.
· During the hot season, this is a real cool hydrating drink for kids and grown-ups too
· Add a teeny weenie pinch of salt to the drink; it helps one hydrate after a sweating game out in the sun.