Viewed 5881 times
Also known as
Soy granules look like a small rabbit pellet about the size in diameter of a cake decorating sprinkle. They are an excellent natural source of soy proteins which can be used as a healthy and economical meat substitute.
How to select
Soya granules are usually available in prepackaged containers as well as bulk bins. Just as with any other food that you may purchase in the bulk section, make sure that the bins containing the soybeans are covered and that the store has a good product turnover so as to ensure its maximal freshness. Whether purchasing soybeans in bulk or in a packaged container, make sure that there is no evidence of moisture or insect damage, and that the beans are whole and not cracked.
How to Store
Store dried soya granules in an airtight container in a cool, dry and dark place where they will keep for up to 12 months. Cooked soya granules will keep fresh in the refrigerator for about three days if placed in a covered container.
· And for those mums worried about the junk food their children are gobbling, the bonus here is that they can mix soya granules into any dish making it healthy.
· Soya Upma is a very famous Indian breakfast made with a slight modification by the addition of soya granules for an iron and protein boost.
· Tacos can be stuffed with soya granules along with the gravy.
· Munch on a handful of roasted soya granules or sprinkle them on cereal, yogurt, applesauce, etc. for a little crunch and a lot of nutrients
· Soya granules can be combined with a variety of rice dishes.
· Soya Granules Curry with Whole Wheat Chapattis
· Soya-methi curry is one dish which you will love it.
· Soya Granules are another healthy yet tasty choice.
· Poha made with a mixture of beaten rice and soya granules is a favourite
· Mix sprouts along with soya granules into salads or use as toppings for sandwiches.
· Add soya granules to vegetable stews and soups.
· You can also spice it up with the daily spices and relish this nutritious vegetable with roti, bread or rice.
· It can be used in all kind of dishes Indian, Chinese, continental and sweet dishes.
· High Protein Soya Granules
· Hundred percent vegetarian
· Healthy food for young and old
· Easy and health food for diabetics and heart patients
· Low in fat. Low in sodium. May reduce the risk of heart disease.
· Soy granules are an excellent natural source of soy proteins which can be used as a healthy and economical meat substitute.
· They are rich in vitamins, minerals, isoflavones and lecithin, nutrients proven to help lower cholesterol, prevent cancer and loss of bone mass.
· Soya is strongly recommended for diabetics, expectant mothers, growing children, cardiac patients, slimmers and the aged.