round red chillies
Viewed 5428 times
Also Known as
Boria mirch, Boriya mirch
Boriya mirch are large round chillies, which are a bright or dark red in colour. When dried, their skin turns a translucent red-brown colour and their seeds rattle inside.
How to Select
• Choose round, uniform, deep red coloured chillies.
• It is very commonly added to Indian dishes like Dal, Kadhi, Dal Dhokli and other vegetable preparations.
• Because of its hot fiery taste, it is preferred for making spicy salsa sauce.
How to Store
• Remove all debris including dirt, stones and stems.
• After cleaning, store it in a jar in a cool and dry place.
• It can stay good for up to a year.