Viewed 11027 times
Also Known as
Tangy potato wafer, Minty potato wafer, Classic salted potato wafer, Cheese & onion potato wafer, Garlic potato flavour.This mouth watering flavours are enjoyed and relished all time. A potato wafer or crisp is a thin slice of potato, deep fried or baked until crisp. Potato wafers serve as an appetizer, side dish, or snack. The simplest chips of this kind are just cooked and salted, but manufacturers can add a wide variety of seasonings (mostly made using herbs, spices, cheese, artificial additives or MSG).
Potato wafer is one of such products which have a great potential as this is considered as one of the traditional foods of India. Potato wafers are one of the most popular snack items consumed in almost all the parts of India. It is being manufactured not only on large scale by big firms, but also on cottage/home scale in semi-urban-rural areas.
Potato wafers are basically used for snacks purposes. They are produced by rapid dehydration of potato slices by direct contact with hot oil. Its crispiness and special palatability makes it the favourite of people of all age groups. Different varieties of potatoes are usually used for chips. The market acceptance of potatoes chips it is necessary to make variety of chips by adding different types spices and flavour or by adding some nutritional coating on the chips, it may be sweetened, salty, pungent or any other developed acceptable variety.
Crushed potato wafers
Place the wafers in a deep bowl and crush them with your hands or place them in a zip-lock or any other thick plastic bag and crush them with the help of a rolling pin or crush them with your hands.
How to Select
Commercial varieties are packaged for sale, usually in bags. A wide range of potato wafers are available in the market of various brand names. Choose from salted to sweet to spicy to tangy taste, choice is yours. Confirm on the packaging material and read the label well. Not forget the manufacturing date for utmost crisp wafers.
It is easy enough to just grab any flat potato chips. Since there is not much difference in the different brands, simply get a store or generic brand. They are cheaper than Lays and other name brand chips and offer the same type of flavor and crunch. The only reasons to not buy these chips are if they somehow do end up being more expensive or are extremely unhealthier than those name brand potato chips. Also, hygiene and oil brand is not guaranteed. Hence, avoid until you are assured.
· While potato chips taste wonderful with a burger or grill sandwiches, they are good by themselves.
· Feed your appetite with the most favorite time pass food snack.
· At parties flavoured ones can be served with either mayonnaise or cheesy dip with mixed herbs or simply tomato ketchup.
· Potato wafers are consumed by and large with alcoholic drinks, in parties, cinema halls and during journey.
· In terms of taste and convenience no other food item is as acceptable as wafers.
How to Store
Once opened, keep them in an air tight container to retain its crispy texture. Consume it within a week or two after opening the packet.
· Even though potato has less fat and sodium, in wafers both are more due to the way we cook.
· These are not advisable for people who are having high blood pressure, diabetes, coronary heart disease, renal diseases or obese people.
· Brands that claim to have Pudina or chaat flavour actually relies on high salt content to get consumers addicted to the taste, which might have harmful effects, if consumed in excess.
· Microwaving is a revolutionary way of cooking. You can actually cook and roast without adding fat. It is also a good approach to start your young offspring on healthy foods.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.