Viewed 7108 times
The patties dough are ready to bake dough for preparing patties with sweet or savory fillings. Making meat patties or traditional style Jamaican meat patties or Spanish meat Empanadas by hand requires skill and patience. However, the development of factory-made, frozen, pre-formed but unbaked dough has made them into a fast food which can be freshly baked by unskilled labor. There are different brands who sell ready to bake patties doughs in different flavors. You would just need to press a few fresh herbs into the dough, roll up the patties,fill it up with any leftover or fresh meat or veggies, brush with egg and bake. You may innovate and nuts, coconut or chocolate fillings as per your choice. Bake up patties dough to make a weeknight dinner extra special, serve them as part of your classic holiday meals, and use patties for recipes from appetizers to casseroles to desserts.
How to select
Check the expiry date before buying the dough. Always pick the dough packet which has been kept in the refrigerated section.
· The patties dough is used to prepare patties with different fillings of your choice.
· The patties can also be wrapped around with any praline, almond paste or chocolate before it is baked or sliced to admit sweet or savoury fillings.
· The warm patties may be filled with ham and cheese or feta cheese and spinach
· You can use ground meat with boiled diced potatoes, dice onions and garlic. Then season the patties with cumin and oregano and a little salt and pepper to prepare a prefect meal or accompaniment.
· Patties dough can be used to prepare keema patties, beef patties and then fried, instead of usual baking technique.
· The patty dough can also be steamed in a double pan or steamer for a healthier alternative.
How to store
The patties dough should be refrigerated and used within a week of opening.
· The patty dough provide a quick source of carbohydrate thus keeping hunger away.
· The patties, made with whole wheat or oats are rich source of B complex vitamins and dietary fibre.
· Choose the healthier alternatives like fresh fruits or green vegetables as filling or topping on pastry sheets for a tasty and healthy breakfast or snack item.