parle g biscuits
Viewed 15585 times
Parle-G is a small, rectangular flat-baked sweet biscuit, manufactured and marketed by Parle Foods. It is filled with the goodness of milk and wheat, and the G apparently stands for Glucose and Genius since it is a source of strength for body and mind.
It is made up of wheat flour, sugar, partially hydrogenated edible vegetable oils, invert syrup, leavening agents, salt, milk solids, emulsifiers,dough conditioners,added flavours,Glucose and Levulose. The flavours are delicately balanced such that the biscuit is well-liked by adults and kids. In India, Parle-G is a popular accompaniment for tea and coffee, and often people on the go rely on this combo for energy when their meal gets delayed!
Crushed parle g biscuits
The biscuits are crushed either by hand or by placing them in a cloth and pounding with a hammer for a few seconds. The latter procedure tends to give a finer crushed product than the former.
How to select
Powdered parle g biscuits
You may powder the biscuits in a dry grinder or by placing them between a cloth or plastic sheet and pounding them with a hammer. They may be powdered finely or coarsely as per the recipe requirements.
• Check the seal of the package and the brand logo to avoid counterfeits.
• Verify the expiry date as well. Culinary Uses
• Parle-G biscuits are usually enjoyed as a snack with a cold or hot beverage.
• These biscuits may form the base for a pudding or a pie.
• Try crumbling these biscuits over vanilla or chocolate ice-cream, or over custard.How to store
• Once opened, store it in an airtight container.
• It is best consumed before the expiry date.
• Keep it away from air and moisture as it will become soft.
• Avoid storing Parle-G biscuits along with strongly flavoured biscuits like pineapple or orange cream, as the flavour will stick on. Health Benefits
• Parle-G biscuits provide instant energy.
• As in the case of all biscuits, they should not be consumed in excess as they contain sugar and fats.