Viewed 22927 times
Powdered mustard is a combination of brown and white seeds mixed with turmeric or saffron for added flavour and colour. It has no aroma when dry, but when mixed with water, it develops a strong flavour in around 10 minutes. For this reason, powdered mustard is usually made into a paste before use in dishes.
How to Select
• Powdered mustard is easily available in the market.
• You can also make it at home with good quality mustard seeds.
• Use in foods needing flavourful highlights.
• Mustard powder is often added to salad dressing recipes, to help blend oil and vinegar, and to add a spicy zip.
• When adding mustard to baked goods, remember that it will inhibit yeast growth, thereby increasing the rising period.
How to Store
• Store mustard seeds powder in airtight containers in a cool, dry place up to six months.
• Mustard is known to be very helpful for digestion, and can help to speed up your metabolism.
• It is antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and has anti-inflammatory properties.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.