Viewed 15679 times
The Monaco biscuit is a small, flat-baked, salty biscuit, manufactured and marketed by Parle Foods. A light and crispy biscuit sprinkled with salt, Monaco adds a namkeen twist to sweet dominated biscuit world. The salty taste is well-balanced and is liked by kids and adults alike. It can be had any time of the day, and with anything else.
Crushed monaco biscuits
The biscuits are crushed either by hand or by placing them in a cloth and pounding with a hammer for a few seconds. The latter procedure tends to give a finer crushed product than the former.
Powdered monaco biscuits
You may powder the biscuits in a dry grinder or by placing them between a cloth or plastic sheet and pounding them with a hammer. They may be powdered finely or coarsely as per the recipe requirements.
How to select
Check the packaging and the expiry date before buying.
• Monaco biscuits are usually enjoyed as a snack with a cold or hot beverage
• Try crumbling these biscuits to make crumbs. These crumbs may be used to coat cutlets and vegetable rolls.
• Monaco biscuits make for excellent canapés (small finger food with tasty toppings) with any topping of your choice. For example, cheese, cottage cheese, cucumber, sprouts, boiled eggs etc.
How to store
• The biscuits should be stored in an airtight container.
• Do not store with strongly flavoured biscuits like pineapple or orange cream as these will overpower the subtler taste of Monaco.
• Biscuits are a quick source of carbohydrates, helping keep hunger away.
• Since these biscuits are high in sodium and fat content, have them in limited amounts only.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.