The Monaco biscuit is a kind of small, flat-baked salty biscuit, manufactured and marketed by Parle Foods. A light crispy biscuit sprinkled with salt, Monaco adds a namkeen twist to life's ordinary moments. It is heavy on the flavour, which definitely goes down well with children and adults alike. The salty taste is crafted in such a delicate and delicious balance that you can have Monaco biscuits anytime with anything.
The biscuits are crushed either with hand or by placing them in a cloth and pounding them with a hammer for a few seconds. The latter procedure tends to impart a finer crushed product than the former.
Powdered Monaco biscuits
You may powder the biscuits in a dry grinder or by placing them between a cloth or plastic and pounding them with hammer. They may be powdered fine or coarsely as per the recipe requirements.
How to select
Check the brand and the expiry date before buying.
· Monaco biscuits are usually enjoyed as a snack with a cold or hot beverage
· Try crumbling these biscuits to make crumbs. These crumbs may used to coat cutlets and vegetable rolls.
· Monaco biscuits make for excellent canapé ( a small finger food with tasty toppings) with any topping of your choice. For example, the cheese, cottage cheese, cucumber, sprouts, boiled eggs, shredded chicken, etc.
How to store
The biscuits should be stored in an air tight container. Do not commit the mistake of storing them with other strongly flavoured biscuits like pineapple or orange cream. These flavours will overpower the subtler taste of Monaco.
· Biscuits provide a quick source of carbohydrate thus keeping hunger away.
· The biscuits, made with whole wheat or oats are rich source of B complex vitamins and dietary fibre.
· Since these biscuits are high in sodium and fat content, have them in limited amounts only.