It's crisp, light, healthy and delicious! A Marie is a type of biscuit, made with wheat flour, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla flavoring. The biscuit is round and has its name engraved into its top surface. The edges of the top surface are also engraved with an intricate design. Marie biscuit is the most and consumed in India.
How to Select
Choose from the brands available in the market. Though Britannia is the most consumed one, there are other brands also. It is packed in plastic available in small or large packs. Confirm on the manufacturing as well as expiry date.
· Britannia Marie biscuits are the best suited to make any kind of sweet preparation, as they do not become paste after soaking.
· Well desserts made from Marie biscuits are not only very tasty but nutritious for health as well. Biscuit pudding, Biscuit cookie, Biscuit Crunchy Balls…Ahh, they all taste so well.
· Marie biscuits go very well with a good cup of tea or coffee! You don't need a recipe to use them, just have them in their original form. Enjoy!
· If you can't think of other snacks to offer guests, serve them innovative things like chopped fruits sprinkled with a little Chaat masala. Other popular methods of consuming the biscuit include using two to make a sandwich with butter, margarine or jam.
· Spread condensed milk in between, covering it with golden syrup, and crumbling it up in custard and jelly.
· Marie biscuits are frequently served to children. Babies may be served the biscuits softened in milk as their first solid food.
· Marie biscuits are also a common ingredient in home baking recipes.
How to Store
Once opened, keep it in an air tight container. Avoid contact from air or moisture, as it might loose on its crispiness.
· Marie is one variety of biscuits that is highly recommended by dieticians. It is a good snacking choice for calorie-conscious dieters. However, stick to eating just one or two at a time, up to a maximum of three to four in a day. Don't go overboard just because it is low in calories.
· Marie biscuits, a favorite among diabetics, contain both sugar and refined wheat flour.
· Having a biscuit or two at tea-time is a good way to delay hunger for the next one or two hours. In fact, it is a great idea to have a packet in your bag at all times so that you are not stranded without food, especially for people who are on the move and on diet.
· Several varieties of Marie are available these days, such as those fortified with nutrients or added fiber, and are a good snacking choice.